Engage in Our Community. Invest in our youth. Develop Yourself.
- Monthly living stipend (full-time approximately $1000/month)
- $5,775 in an educational award for tuition or qualified student loans
- Qualified student loan forbearance and interest payoff upon program completion
- Health insurance coverage and childcare assistance for full-time members
- YMCA membership
- Personal and professional development in a school or community setting
- Gratification of investing in children’s lives and making a difference
- Helping youth to graduate on time and preparing them for success
- Helping to reduce the high school drop-out rate
- Providing a positive and influential adult in children’s lives
- Investing hundreds of volunteer hours to youth development
AmeriCorps is a network of local, state, and national service programs that connects more than 50,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet our country’s critical needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment. AmeriCorps opens the door for citizens to serve in a variety of ways. Through their service and the volunteers they mobilize, AmeriCorps members address critical needs in communities throughout the country. AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, an independent federal agency created to connect Americans of all ages and backgrounds with opportunities to give back to their communities and their nation.
The mission of the True North AmeriCorps program (TNAC) is to support on-time graduation, ensuring that youth are prepared for academic, civic, and economic success. TNAC has placed AmeriCorps members throughout Northeastern Minnesota since 2004 and currently focuses on the local Duluth area. A program of the Duluth Area Family YMCA, TNAC partners with nonprofits, schools, and community agencies in Duluth and Proctor. True North members mentor children and tutor them in math and reading.
Phone: (218) 722-4745 x123
Phone: (218) 722-4745 x147
Phone: (218) 722-4745 x158
Phone: (218) 722-4745 x169
Phone: (218) 722-4745 x111